Essential oil diffusers are one beneficial tool to make your essential oil inhalation a lot more effective. They are the ones that encourage the natural fragrance of the oils to fill your room, making them more aromatic to your senses. Over time, you will find out that an essential oil diffuser will create an oil buildup. When this thing happens, the essential oil diffuser may not function well. If you want to replace your essential oil diffuser, by simply reading in the website essentialoildiffuserusa.com to search for buying guide and reviews about the best essential oil diffusers.
Therefore, you need to know the right ways on how to take good care of your essential oil diffuser by cleaning it through the correct ways which will be described below. You also need to remember that cleaning your essential oil diffuser should be done regularly. Ideally, you should clean the diffuser every day if you are using it on a daily basis.
However, you can still clean it every weekend if your schedule does not allow you to commit the cleaning every day. Sure, it can be a bit of a task, but you’ll be able to get used to it.
Take note that it’s much better to make an effort in taking care of it than waiting for it to be broken just because you did not clean it properly and regularly. To properly clean your essential oil diffuser, you need to know these steps:
- Using a clean water, pour about a half way amount of it into your diffuser. Take note that you have to level the water below the max line.
- Next, add 10 drops of white vinegar. White vinegar is one of the powerful and effective cleaning agents that help you take away the oils that remain inside your diffuser as well as on the glass.
- Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes and let the diffuser run during that timeframe. This is to allow the mixture of water and vinegar to distribute throughout the space. Once 3 to 5 minutes are done, you can then start cleaning it.
- Next, completely drain the diffuser.
- Start cleaning the spots and corners that are tight by using a cotton swab. Make sure that the cotton swab is dipped with vinegar. Also take note that there should be no space in the diffuser that are not cleaned.
- Once done, start rinsing it with a clean water.
- Repeat the cycle by emptying it again.
- Dry the diffuser by wiping it with a clean cloth. You may also use cotton balls or cotton swabs if a clean cloth is not available. Remember to keep the diffuser completely dry.
Soo, that sums up the correct ways on how to clean your essential oil diffuser. Now, most people who have oil diffusers are not aware that in every after use, they also need to do an after-care in order to make the diffuser last. What are the proper ways of taking care of your essential oil diffuser after each use?
Here are some ways:
You might notice that in every essential oil diffuser, there are instructions by the manufacturer. The instructions usually tell you that you have to clean your essential oil diffuser every time you finish using it. This may be a bit too much if you are going to do this every after use, but it is the right thing to do.
Each time a diffuser finishes its duty, you can take care of it by cleaning it, but remember — Do not commit mistakes that most people do. Every after use, some people just usually leave water on the diffuser and add an essential oil mixture to it, thinking that they can just run the diffuser again the next morning. This habit is not advisable because the oils in the essential oil diffuser can cause corrosive accidents that may endanger you and your home.
You have to really clean the diffuser out every after use in order to make the product last for how many years and to continuously enjoy its performance. Cleaning it on a daily basis is also important because the smells and leftovers in the diffuser can make an entire difference when it comes to the overall aromatic effect of your oils. Imagine mixing an undesired scent into your essential oils. You won’t get the aroma and the effect that you want.
Although you can clean your best essential oil diffuser on a weekly basis, cleaning it every day is still much more preferable. When cleaning it, make sure to fully empty it. Take off the water and oils that are stuck up and wipe the diffuser dry using a clean and damp cloth. You can also resort to Q-tip or Kleenex. As a whole, it is really important to properly clean your essential oil. You can’t afford to see your oil diffuser working improperly because of the oil residues, right?